- Before Going Live
- Make sure your website address (url) and your email address (using your domain name) are on all material your company sends out or advertising it buys.
Special tip: If you use the "http://" before your url in your signature file (as above), the address will become a link directly from most email programs.
- Anything that has your phone number or physical address on it should have your url and an email address as well:
- Business cards
- Mailing labels
- Yellow pages and other ads
- Also see if you can have your "Reply To" and "From" addresses in your email reflect your domain name address & not AOL, etc. (Use firstname.lastname@example.org even if that forwards to bewarne@aol or something else)
- And make a signature file for your email. Something like:
B. E. Warne
Helping Businesses Develop & Prosper Online
[phone#], Fax: [fax#]
- Maximum is 5 lines with 5 words per line or so.
- If your email program won't allow for a signature file, get a program which will OR cut and past a signature file into everything you send out that is related to the field your company is in.
|Website Promotion ||| Home|